Why should you care about Premium SEO tools?
It’s not crazy? that every time Google submits an update to their search engine algorithm and you have to spend time and effort to modify the website accordingly. It is a very complex task for anyone to optimize the site in such a short time and also to do it manually.
Also, you may have your worst nightmare when you are handling hundreds or thousands of web pages without help. Even if you are about to optimize a newly built website; In terms of SEO, it can be a boon when someone’s help provides all the information about the competitive industry, recent trends, growth opportunities, etc. Here, the “someone” is an SEO tool.
Apart from the points mentioned above, the most important factor that can lead you to use an SEO tool is “time”. This may sound a bit cliché, but “Time is money.”
To win the race against time, the SEO tool is the boost you need.
Free SEO tools: an illusion
Before exploring SEO tools, here is one more phrase that may seem like a cliché: “There is no such thing as a free lunch.”
The clear interpretation is that you will not have access to all the functions of the free version of the tool.
Even if you are trying one of these free tools, there is no guarantee that it will solve your SEO related queries. You have to find a perfect match based on your SEO goals and for that you need full access to the tool.
The dilemma is whether we will get the desired returns after spending on the SEO tool or not.
It is quite natural and real to be so concerned about it. There are also some useful solutions. The easiest is to opt for a TRIAL version. You can subscribe for a free trial of the tool, as most tools offer this feature.
To say, I have a question. Trying out over 50 SEO tools to find the best fit for your schedule, wouldn’t it get in the way of your routine work and be stressful?
Makes sense right?
Alternatively, you can take the help of SEO influencers review tutorials or take a digital marketing course that provides training to clearly understand the benefits of the tools for the specific nature of the business.
Even to search for tutorials or subscribe to courses, you need money!
It is as if, to pay off the car loan, you were taking out another loan.
To solve this complexity, here are 10 selected premium tools that can boost your SEO strategy. Also, here I have listed the nature-based tools and needs that they are best suited for, to speed up the selection process.
1. Moz PRO | Technical SEO
Moz is a unique tool that you can use for countless purposes, some of which are mentioned below:
- Range tracking
- Link building
- Technical SEO
- Content optimization
- Keyword research
- On-page optimization
- SEO audit, etc.
Now from these use cases, I can personally recommend you to use it for “technical SEO”. In the simplest terms, Moz is the best when it comes to “On Page Optimization” of its online portal.
You can audit your site regularly, and in return it will provide suggestions on what and where to implement changes. Moz discovers hidden opportunities like:
- Optimal title
- Broken link
- Highlight content duplication issue
- Site indexing and crawling issue
In addition to fixing things, Moz will also recommend new additions to the SEO strategy.
- Standard Plan – Pricing starts at $99/month
- Medium plan: Pricing starts at $ 179 / month
- Large Plan – Pricing starts at $249/month
- Premium plan: pricing starts at $ 599 / month
2. Ahrefs | Backlink analysis
Off-page SEO is a term that you won’t take seriously until your on-page optimizations have stopped after generating enough growth. When you are thinking about the overall SEO strategy, you also need to give equal importance to ‘Off-Page Strategies’.
When I talk about off-page SEO, backlinks are the most important traffic source for improving domain authority (DA) and sending positive signals to the crawler. There are outstanding SEO tools that you can use to do off-page SEO, but most of all the SEO tools available, one that I recommend is Ahrefs. It has a set of features that work in a complementary way to drive traffic. It can be the most ideal tool for exploring new backlink opportunities.
Some of the most important features include:
- Content Explorer: With Content Explorer, you can find recently trending content with metrics (organic traffic, traffic value, social shares, etc.) on a particular topic. This data can help you write your next LinkedIn article, answer the Quora question, and decide which platform to post on.
Does the function work?
You just have to enter the topic in the ‘text box’ and it offers infinite results of related online articles with just one click, as shown below in the image.
- Backlink Checker – This feature is great for starting your website and checking the market and network of your competitors. You can simply type in your competitor’s domain name and search for their backlink profile. Through this data, you can jump-start your strategy by approaching these sites for a backlink.
- Lite plan: it will cost you around $ 99 / month
- Standard plan – It will cost you around $ 179 / month
- Advanced plan: it will cost you around $ 399 / month
- Agency plan – It will cost you around $ 999 / month
* Also offers 7 day trial for $ 7
3. Keywords everywhere | (Keyword research)
Keywords Everywhere is a tool for your keyword search requirements.
The most unique feature is its interface. You just need to install a Chrome plugin and search for relevant terms based on your requirements. The tool will automatically fetch related keyword data on the search results page itself.
So compared to keyword planner or any other tool, you don’t have to go through the tool and check all the data on the dashboard.
Here’s the kicker, to get keyword search volume and CPC (cost per click) data along with keyword data, you’ve just started a paid subscription.
Pricing is based on considering the keyword limit as credit, where 1 credit = 1 keyword.
- 100,000 credits = $ 10
- 500,000 credits = $ 50
- 1 million credits = $ 100
- 2 million credits = $ 200
- 5 million credits = $ 500
- 10 million credits = $ 1000
4. SEOmonitor | Range tracking
SEOmonitor has all the functions, from identifying leads to tracking conversions. The most important and underrated feature is “range tracking”.
Here, rank tracking is not meant to track search engine rank, but can track the following metrics:
Search reputation tracking
For PR agencies, this little tool can work like magic and manages a brand’s online reputation.
We often ignore this feature and tend to focus on the research part. This feature will tell you the historical data on a particular keyword from the CPC to the previous search volume.
Featured Snippet Tracking
By enabling this feature, you can track changes to your “zero position” (featured snippet position) and provide results on search impressions.
Pricing will vary based on number of website and keyword requirements.
For 1 website and 300 keywords, the price is € 49 / month
With further increase in website and keywords to track, the price will increase accordingly.
* Free trial is available for limited features.
5. BuzzStream | Link building
When we talk about off-page SEO, link building is one of the most complex tasks that requires patience. The link building process involves various tactics such as outreach, interaction, follow-up, and a win-win resource sharing proposal.
It requires the collaboration of the internal team and an adequate monitoring cycle related to the management of external publications. Manually, this task can take months of your time, while a tool can reduce it to a bare minimum.
Buzzstream has 4 stages of link building with a high level of customization.
1. Research: At this stage, you can find new outreach contacts with minimal time and build your contact list with one click.
2. Email – You can manage conversation threads based on database segmentation and custom messages.
3. Manage: You can manage your internal team by assigning tasks and follow-ups.
4. Report: You can generate reports on email efficiency and team performance.
- Starter plan: pricing starts at $ 24 / month
- Group plan: pricing starts at $ 99 / month
- Professional plan: Pricing starts at $ 299 / month
- Custom Plan – Pricing starts at $ 999 / month
* Free trial is available for 14 days, after that $ 24 / mo
6. Buzzsumo | Content research
You need ideas from writing your next blog post to a new social media post.
Buzzsumo offers you a solution in this context. It offers features and little tools that can generate tons of ideas on your behalf just by specifying business requirements.
The feature you can’t miss:
Content Discovery – This feature works as an alternative to “Google Trending” with micro-level analytics. When you get into the topic, you can deliver insights related to current trends. Apart from this, you can also get details on hot topics in forums, social networks and communities.
The “extra” features:
Find influencers – Just finding ideas and writing a good article won’t cut it when it comes to content promotion. This feature is ideal when you want to share your content on social media platforms and between communities. It can help you identify, shortlist and approach ideal influencers based on your requirements. Depending on their power to reach, you can suggest what to share with their loyal fans.
Monitoring – This feature tracks all social media platforms and the website to keep you informed of new brand mentions, competitor updates, product news, etc. You can review the notifications and plan the actions accordingly.
- Pro Plan – Pricing starts at $99/month
- Plus Plan: Pricing starts at $ 179 / month
- Large Plan: Pricing starts at $ 299 / mo
- Business plan: pricing starts at $ 499 + / month
* Also offers FREE 7-day trial.
7. Drafting | Content optimization
If you went through the research and writing phase, it means you won half the battle.
Now, you need to sink your teeth into content optimization procedures. It involves technical controls on the SEO side and grammar on the other. There is a common trend among us to use one tool for grammar checking and a separate one for SEO-based optimization. With Copywritely, you can do both with ease.
Tools for grammar checking:
- Plagiarism checker
- Grammar checker
- Readability checker
- Word counter
Tools for SEO optimization:
- Keyword density checker
- Keyword SERP Checker
- Article Rewriter
- Personal plan: pricing starts at $ 18 / month
- Starter plan: price starts at $ 45 (one-time purchase)
- Company plan: Pricing starts at $ 35 / month
- Business plan: pricing starts at $ 67 / month
8. vidIQ | Video SEO
Video as a channel will contribute 82% of Internet traffic by 2020.
If I can dig deeper into the video platform, YouTube accounts for a third of all internet users.
These statistics can easily point towards the importance of YouTube in your video marketing strategy. To get the most out of YouTube videos, you need to implement SEO strategies.
Although YouTube SEO is not a buzzword, you should take it seriously when working on brand-related video optimization.
“YouTube SEO” is not a popular buzzword, but you should take it seriously when working on brand-related video optimization.
The VidIQ tool has all the features that can improve your YouTube ranking by taking advantage of SEO optimization.
Here’s a look at VidIQ features / tools that you can explore to get to # 1 on YouTube SERP.
- Keyword tools : get specific keywords for maximum reach
- Channel Audit Tool – Use this tool to optimize videos that started getting views
- Competitor Tool – Explore this tool to get ahead of the competition
- Trend Alerts – See trends in your target region
- Facebook Sharing – Allows seamless integration with Facebook to share videos there for maximum views.
- Basic plan: you can use it for FREE
- Pro Plan: Pricing starts at $ 7.50 / month
- Boost plan: pricing starts at $ 39 / month
- Business plan – You must request a demo to verify pricing details.
9. Bright Local | Local SEO
The brilliant local tool can be your ultimate automation support in local listing optimization.
It offers the following tools that can bring your local business profile to each user’s first preference:
1. Local SEO Tools – By taking advantage of features like local SERP ranking tracking, review tracking, and Google My Business Insights integration, your local SEO profile gradually improves.
2. Google My Business Audit – With such an audit, you can keep track of all recent activities to boost your local list.
3. Citation Tracker: Identify new local directories, monitor and optimize existing citations to outperform your competitors.
- Single Business Plan – Pricing starts at $ 29 / month
- Multiple Business Plan – Pricing starts at $ 49 / mo
- SEO Pro plan: pricing starts at $ 79 / month
- Business plan: contact them for pricing
* 14 days free trial possible.
10. Basis of history
StoryBase is a content idea generation tool.
The main features include:
- Content idea generation: By having access to users’ Google search data, you can explore endless ideas in terms of content generation. The content can be anything from a blog post to a podcast.
- Search Performance Measurement: There is the ability to integrate the tool with the Google Search Console and the ability to track the variation in clicks, impressions, and rankings of all your web pages.
- Personal plan: pricing starts at $ 49 / month
- Premium Plan: Pricing starts at $ 129 / month
- Business plan: pricing starts at $ 299 / month
* FREE 14 day trial is available with every plan
I have listed the tools based on your specific SEO requirements.
Now, it is not possible to list all tools for all tasks. Similarly, it is not possible to list all SEO-related tasks for which you will need the tool or perhaps use it at the moment.
It would be great if you could comment on those “underrated” and never heard of tools to make this list an ideal resource for the community.