Arguably first-person shooters are the genre that sparked interest in gaming-focused mice in the first place, mouse movements are key to much of the gameplay in the genre, from aiming, looking, shooting and moving, a good FPS mouse can make a huge difference in your gameplay.
A good FPS mouse ignores the extra frills and makes sure the fundamentals are rock solid, with no extra buttons, no weights, and shapes to accommodate multiple types of mouse grips.
The mouse should have tactile buttons that don’t easily actuate, revealing your location by accident, they should feel satisfying when you’re clicking heads. Good FPS mice need to have a flawless sensor, so pixel tracking is accurate and consistent at all times. The best FPS mice promote freedom of movement, they’re going to have large cables with minimal drag, or better yet, they should be wireless if possible and lightweight, so long clicks at low DPI don’t fatigue the gamer.
What is the best FPS mouse for gaming?
1. Razer Viper Ultimate
The best FPS mouse
- 25% faster than competitive wireless mice: Razer HyperSpeed wireless technology combines extremely low latency and reduced interference for true wireless freedom
- Uncompromisingly Lightweight 74g Wireless Esports Gaming Mouse: The Razer Viper Ultimate packs a 20K DPI optical sensor worthy of serious gamers and pulls its weight without drilling
- Faster Than Traditional Mechanical Switches: Razer’s new Optical Mouse Switches use light beam-based actuation, registering button presses at the speed of light
- Ambidextrous design: Created for right and left-handed users with accessible and programmable buttons on both sides
- Max Speed(IPS):650,Onboard Memory Profiles:5. Dock-enabled
- Lag-free wireless
- Long-lasting 70-hour battery
- Light with 74 grams
- Wireless charging base
- Buttons on both sides in an ambidextrous way, suitable for lefties
- 2 years warranty
- Recessed side buttons can be a bit difficult to press
- Some pre-travel on primary buttons
Our best overall gaming mouse is also the best FPS gaming mouse, the Viper Ultimate has everything you’d want for an FPS gamer. The secure shape of the Viper Ultimate is perfectly suited to claw and finger grips. The mouse has a flawless sensor, great buttons, and a long battery life.
What takes the Viper Ultimate to the top is its impeccable sensor and its lightness. There’s nothing better than a lightweight mouse with lag-free wireless and true freedom of movement.
The Viper Ultimate is expensive, but if you’re on a budget, the Model O has a similar shape, or just the Razer Viper or Viper Mini are good options.
2. Logitech G Pro
In second place
- Made with and for professional gamers: The G Pro Wireless Gaming Mouse is the result of two years of working with professional esports gamers, combining advanced technologies in an ultra-lightweight design.
- Lightning-speed wireless: Professional-grade performance overcomes traditional limitations of wireless latency, connectivity, and power to deliver a rock-solid connection with a super-fast 1-millisecond report rate
- Hero 25K sensor via a software update from G HUB, this update is free for all gamers: Logitech’s most accurate sensor to date, with up to 25,600 DPI and 10x the power efficiency of the previous generation, for Get the ultimate in speed, precision, and responsiveness in wireless gaming. 32-bit ARM microprocessor
- Ultralight: Innovative endoskeleton design creates a super-thin yet incredibly strong outer shell, keeping the body at an extraordinarily light and manoeuvrable 80 grams.
- Ambidextrous Ergonomic Design: Tournament-ready mouse developed with esports professionals for maximum comfort, control, and 50 million click durability. Four removable side buttons for supreme customization. Cable length: 1.80 meters
- Note: Please refer to the user guide before use. Requirements: Windows 7 or later, macOS 10.11 or later, Chrome OS
- 1-year limited hardware warranty
- 60-hour battery life
- impeccable sensor
- 80 grams without holes
- interchangeable side buttons
- Wireless charging capability with charging mat
- Great shape for the palm
- Some durability issues with a double click of the buttons
The Logitech G Pro Wireless is another complete mouse, it’s lightweight, has a flawless wireless sensor, and its tactile buttons make it a great FPS mouse. For those who don’t like the shape of the Razer Viper, the GPW has all the virtues of that mouse, with a rounder, taller shape that might suit gamers who prefer a little more palm support.
Logitech’s interchangeable side buttons make it ideal for left-handed gamers, the mouse has a flawless sensor with no input latency and 60 hours of battery life, it’s a complete package that should make most gamers happy, and The specs are only slightly lower than the Viper, making it the second best mouse for fps.
Like the Viper, it’s not a cheap mouse; those looking for a little more palm support may look to the CoolerMaster MM710 for a more affordable option.
The new Superlight version takes the mouse to the next level with an even lighter weight, even longer battery life and a higher price. It still falls short of the Viper Ultimate for not having USB-c or a docking solution.
3. Cooler Master MM710
Great Value FPS Gaming Mouse
- Lightweight Honeycomb Shell: The new perforated shell is designed to be extremely durable and lightweight, meaning you can game longer without fatigue
- ultra-light ultra-weave cable: Innovative ultra-light cable significantly reduces weight and cable pull when sliding; fight your enemies, not the pull of the cable
- Superior Mouse Feet: PTFE material provides smooth control with a consistent, low-friction glide. Less than 2mm mouse take-off distance
- Optical gaming sensor; Adjustable up to 16,000 DPI for greater control, precision, and future-proofing
- Ergonomic, ambidextrous shape: Optimized for right-handed gaming, with 2 extra buttons for added comfort
- High-grade quality: Omron switches for the left and right click are rated for 20 million keystrokes that stay accurate and true to the very end
- Includes an extra set of PTFE mouse feet
- Unique shape, ideal for all grips, but especially for the palm
- Robust construction and design
- 2 years warranty
- The home button and central scroll wheel may wobble
- Paws itch when you take it out of the box
The MM710 has an excellent shape for all grips, it’s a no-frills, performance-focused mouse that provides a great FPS experience.
For palm-grip FPS gamers, the MM710 is a great choice due to its increased height and round shape. The MM710 is still very viable for claw or fingertip gamers. The mouse is well built with a PBT casing, it is lightweight and of course, it has a flawless sensor. The MM710 is our top budget pick for its versatility of form, and for getting the basics right.
There are some concerns with the quality control of the case and the recesses, buttons and scroll wheel have shown some wobble. For its price, it’s still an incredible value and certainly a high-performance mouse for FPS gaming.
4. Glorious Model O/O-
Ultralight and affordable FPS mouse
- Size and Style: Ambidextrous and lightweight gaming mouse, ideal for medium to large hands. Built for speed, control and comfort for optimal weight and durability.
- Ultra Flexible Cable: Our “ascended” braided cable is so light that it produces drag-free use. The ultimate wired mouse with the feel of a wireless gaming mouse.
- Mouse Feet: Our Glorious Skates are 100% pure virgin PTFE that glides like blades on ice without any grip on any surface.
- Esports customization: 6-step dPI, RGB mouse lighting effects, polling rate, lift-off distance, click/scroll speed, 6-button with macro support, and much more.
- Honeycomb Mouse Design Our honeycomb design helps create the ultimate lightweight mouse. This honeycomb gaming mouse combines performance and durability in one for the perfect mouse for gamers.
- Great shape for claw grips and size options for small hands
- Many surface and colour options
- Excellent main buttons and scroll wheel
- improved wire
- The main button can wobble
- a lot of brands
- Case flexes and creaks quite a bit
The Model O and O- by Glorious has a shape that is immediately familiar and well-proven for FPS, cutting-edge gamers.
The Model O is affordable, its shape is comfortable, the cable is excellent, and it slides well on a lightweight chassis. The Model O is a lean and focused mouse, ideal for FPS.
The buttons slow it down a bit, not the best feeling mouse clicks for FPS, lacking the tactile, crisp click you’d want for an FPS mouse. If you’re a slightly more aggressive FPS gamer, you might prefer a beefier mouse, as the Model O has good shell flex.
5. Endgame Gear XM1
- COMPETITIVE GAMING MOUSE: The key to success is in your hand -literally- with the XM1 gaming mouse from Endgame Gear! Its 6 buttons, low latency, and high DPI combine to elevate your gaming performance. An anti-sweat coating and lightweight further strengthen this symmetrical and ergonomic gaming mouse.
- SUPERIOR, SMOOTH MOVEMENT: Increase reaction time with 50M switches that register immediately. The PixArt PMW3389 precision optical sensor with up to 16,000 DPI enables fast movement. With the ARM STM32 microcontroller, the internal latency of signal processing is kept below 1 millisecond. Without delay!
- OUTPUT COMFORT: Symmetrical XM1 is anti-sweat and easy to grip. The 2 main buttons, 2 thumb buttons, and mouse wheel allow for simultaneous input such as moving and jumping while throwing a grenade. At just 70 g, the mouse glides smoothly on large Teflon feet.
- ADVANCED ILLUMINATED MOUSE: Thanks to 14 RGB LEDs, the mouse wheel, the logo and the RGB ring on the bottom of the mouse light up with up to 16.7 million colours. You have 5 lighting modes with different effects and 4 brightness levels. Choose between a black, white or transparent casing.
- WIDELY COMPATIBLE: The XM1 wired mouse measures 12.19 x 6.58 x 3.81 cm and weighs only 2.89 ounces, so it fits into any PC gaming accessory setup. It connects via a 185 cm black flexible cable to any PC with a USB 2.0 Type-A port. Program and store up to 4 CPI profiles in onboard memory.
- The original ambidextrous shape works great for the claw grip
- Buttons are rock solid and sturdy
- 70 grams without holes
- Good glide on the feet
- The cord is stiff and rubbery, a good candidate for paracord.
- The lining gets hot in my experience
The Endgame XM1 has fantastic clicks and a unique low-profile shape that is an absolute joy to use. With this mouse, every shot is perfect. The shape is ideal for players with a claw grip. The XM1 packs a flawless sensor and is lightweight into a tough case with the great build quality. The mouse is affordable and is a great option for gamers looking for value.
The only flaw I can find on the XM1 is the rubber cable, it’s a far cry from the wireless beasts that top our list, I can feel the cable a bit more compared to the braided cables on other mice on this list.
Keep Reading BinarySapiens